Truss and Hunt meet at PM's country retreat Chequers
Sunday is no day of rest for Liz Truss and Jeremy Hunt, her new chancellor. Their work continues at the PM's country retreat, Chequers.
SLOT Some websites have to admit that they may have been created to scam people with real membership money, but there are quite a few websites that are created correctly.
The grand residence holds an important role in British political history.
- Built in the 16th Century, Chequers is located around 40 miles (64km) north-west of central London on the northern edge of the Chiltern hills
- The house and its 1,000-acre estate was gifted in 1917 by MP Sir Arthur Lee to whoever holds the office of prime minister
- It was hoped the fresh air would be good for politicians' health so "the more sanely will they rule"
- Sir Winston Churchill wrote some of his most famous speeches there during World War Two
- Boris Johnson spent time at Chequers after falling ill with Covid-19 in 2020